An exciting cross-curricular project involving two days exploring the beautiful River Fowey, (available from October to the end of March).
Building up our Map Skills, we spend Day 1 criss-crossing the River Fowey, on foot, taking in the environment, habitat and landscape that is both seen and unseen, to `discover` the Moorland Source.
On Day 2, we get up close and personal as we board Rafted Canoes and paddle downstream from ancient Lostwithiel to the coastal town of Fowey, seeing for ourselves how the landscape and historical use of land has changed, as well as examining how the river changes from fresh water to a tidal estuary.
Potential curricular links
- History: Explorers and Cornish archaeology
- Geography: Map reading, understanding locality and environment
- Maths: Navigation, tides and measurements
- Physical Education
- Personal and Social Development
Suitable for Year 4 and upwards.
- £975 per group (October - end of April)
- £1700 per group (May - September)
- Plus additional cost of minibus/coach hire
- Maximum group size of 30