This new CPD opportunity qualifies staff from schools and other settings to take children’s learning out of doors to a range of environments.
Structure of programme:
• 4 day training programme
• Action plan based on experience and training
• Successful completion of logbook/portfolio
• Half day assessment with your group of children in your outdoor environment
Note: prior to assessment you must hold a relevant first aid award.
Content to include:
• Safe management of outdoor learning
• Using your school grounds / settings
• Cross-curricular, numeracy, literacy and science
• Personal and social development
• Firelighting, bushcraft and cooking
• Consultant visit to your school/setting to advise on outdoor learning space
Successful completion of the above leads to nationally recognised accreditation through:
• Outdoor Education Advisers Panel – Educational Visits Leader
• Royal Geographical Society – Offsite Safety Management
• Outdoor Ethics - Leave No Trace UK
Who can attend:
Practitioners with an interest in using the outdoors to enhance and enrich young people’s learning.
Cost: £375 per delegate, 25% discount for 2nd and subsequent delegate(s) from any school/establishment.
Dates: 14th & 28th April / 20th May / 3rd June 2015
Venue: Day one at Carew House, Bodmin PL31 2QN/Landhydrock House
Book online www.cornwalllearningonline.co.uk and use course code: CLO27
For more information contact: Sarah Melbourne firstname.lastname@example.org 01872 322930