The Outdoor Learning Leader Award OLLA is a four-day course that qualifies school staff and other youth leaders to take children’s learning out of doors to a range of environments. It is a Continuing Professional Development CPD opportunity accredited by the Institute of Outdoor Learning.
Outdoor Learning Leader programme:
- 4 day training programme:
- Action plan based on experience and training
- Successful completion of logbook/portfolio
- Half day assessment with your group of children in your outdoor environment Note: prior to assessment you must hold a relevant first aid award.
- Safe management of outdoor learning
- Using your school grounds / settings
- Cross-curricular, numeracy, literacy and science
- Personal and social development
- Fire-lighting, bushcraft and cooking
- Consultant visit to your school/setting to advise on outdoor learning space
Successful completion of the above leads to nationally recognised accreditation through:
Who can attend:
Practitioners with an interest in using the outdoors to enhance and enrich young people’s learning.
Cost: £400 per delegate, 25% discount for 2nd delegate from the same school/establishment.
Dates: Please see our training website: www.cornwalllearningonline.co.uk (course code CLO27).
Venues: TBA (dependent on makeup of group)
Book online at www.cornwalllearningonline.co.uk and use course code: CLO27
- "Thank you so much for such an excellent course. Not only has it been a really enjoyable experience from my own perspective, but I feel so much more confident in running some really good sessions myself now. Can't wait to get the kids outside and experiencing some amazing things."