This CPD opportunity qualifies staff from schools and other settings to take children’s learning out of doors to a range of environments.
Structure of programme:
• 4 day training programme:
• Action plan based on experience and training
• Successful completion of logbook/portfolio
• Half day assessment with your group of children in your outdoor environment Note: prior to assessment you must hold a relevant first aid award.
Content to include:
• Safe management of outdoor learning
• Using your school grounds / settings
• Cross-curricular, numeracy, literacy and science
• Personal and social development
• Firelighting, bushcraft and cooking
• Consultant visit to your school/setting to advise on outdoor learning space
Successful completion of the above leads to nationally recognised accreditation through:
• Outdoor Ethics - Leave No Trace UK
Who can attend:
Practitioners with an interest in using the outdoors to enhance and enrich young people’s learning.
Cost: £400 per delegate, 25% discount for 2nd delegate from any school/establishment.
Dates: Autumn 2017: 9 & 30 October and 13 & 27 November 2017 (Mondays)
Venues: The first day will take place at Tehidy, Cambone. Other venues to be confirmed across Cornwall (dependent on where applicants are from)
Book online at www.cornwalllearningonline.co.uk and use course code: CLO27