This is British Cycling’s flagship leadership award and qualifies leaders to guide cyclists on rides across non-technical terrain up to a distance of 50 miles.
It is an assessed one-day course utilising a blended-learning approach with online learning and face-to-face, including a mix of theory, practical and assessments.
Course fee includes
- Ride Leader Handbook
- British Cycling membership
- Access to CPD
- Regular newsletter
The course is for anyone wanting to lead young people on bike rides on non-technical terrain (roads and trails).
Download British Cycling Leadership Award Course flyer
- Introduction to Ride Leadership: The remit of the ride leader, the leading environment, ratios and what to expect.
- The Ride: Pre, during and post-ride procedures, safety checks, skills assessments, road positioning.
- Road and Ride Awareness: The Highway Code, rights and responsibilities of road users.
- Route Planning: Characteristics of a route planner, tools to assist your planning.
- Good Practice Guidelines: Introduction to British Cycling’s policies on Safeguarding, Inclusion and Video/Camera policy.
- Managing Risks and Emergencies: Risk assessment including generic, specific and dynamic, dealing with fatigue and who to contact in the event of an emergency.
- Next Steps: How you can use the Award.
Dates: TBA (will be arranged as and when there is the demand for the course)
Cost: Approximately £120 - 25% discount for second delegate from the same establishment
Book online: www.cornwalllearningonline.co.uk - Course code: CLO43 - please express your interest and we will contact you when dates are available.
Ann Kemp (Course Administrator)
Tel: 01872 326368